Field Study #6
(Here I am pondering meticulously about all the ways in which nature loves balance, especially symmetry, yet rarely manages it.)
Field Notes
Date: November 28, 2022
Time: 4:50 p.m.
Temperature: 44°
Climate Conditions: Sun was shining through, pretty calm, no breeze
Length of Day: 9 hours 33 minutes
What I Heard: The rushing water, the buzzing of the electrical towers.
What I Noticed: The water had risen quite a lot, I'm assuming because of melted snow.
There was this plant that had turned purple, which I have never seen before This one was the only one that wasn't brown. I knew it had to be slowly turning purple because it was still brown towards the bottom.
There was a huge crane today in my spot! Right in the creek, but unfortunately as we approached, it flew away. I did catch pictures of it flying away though :)
An update on the eagles: Today I saw one eagle on the site of where the nest used to be, it had been the first time in about a month that we'd seen any sign of them. The nest is nowhere to be found, so I really don't know what happened to it. I didn't think they would continue to come back though.





Comments
Post a Comment