Field Study #2
Field Notes
Date: September 25, 2022
Time: 3:06 pm
Temperature: 59°
Climate Conditions: strong wind, mostly cloudy
Length of Day: 12 hours 2 minutes
What I Heard: The wind blowing the trees (it was so loud I didn't hear anything else)
What I Noticed: Overall, I think that my above picture looks the same as the Field Study #1's picture, but I noticed different, smaller changes. I saw a lot more frogs and grasshoppers in my spot today, which I find strange because both thrive in warmer weather.
fully changed color, like this red one in the picture),
and many more were in the creek. Similarly evolving
with the season, the Canadian Goldenrod that I
observed my last field study have all died.
like in this picture. (algae growth I'm assuming?) It makes
me wonder what (in the past two weeks) caused it.
This tree had also fallen down, I assume its
due to the wind and storms we've been having
lately---but what happens to it now? Does it
just stay there forever?




Great job! Bonus if you figure out what is going on with your algae and post about it with next visit...you may want to consider if fall turnover is part of it...
ReplyDeleteStart watching for patterns in color change/leaf fall.
Think about where your frogs and grasshoppers are and what they are doing...