Field Study #1
Field Notes
Date: September 4, 2022
Time: 6:47 pm
Temperature: 64°
Climate Conditions: light wind, cloudy
Length of Day: 12 hours 42 minutes
What I Heard: The electric buzz of the high voltage power lines about 20 meters up on the trail, cicadas, tree leaves blowing in the wind
Extra: While I was trying to take my picture, I was sitting on a log, and I fell in the water! It's obviously not deep, but I had to walk back with wet socks. It was funny though, so it's okay.
Also, would a creek this "shallow" I suppose, be visibly frozen during the winter? Or would snow cover it?
I noticed a lot of Canadian Goldenrod (I believe)
around my spot. It's an invasive species,
so I'm assuming that's why there was so much of it.
There were also a lot of curved trees near my spot that formed little tunnels like in this picture, and I wondered what made the trees tilt on angles like that?
My Map:
GREAT start! I'm looking forward to your future posts! Some bonus available if you do some research to figure out why your trees may be doing the tilt/angles. Just give your info and link your sources with your next post. (Sorry about the falling in. :)
ReplyDelete